- Style, language and content
- Style - does it meet the requirement of the target demographic? What style ofthe referencing is used?
- Language - Is it written in sound and clear language? Is it consistent in its language usage?
- Content - Is it really complete in its content? Is there any third-party material that requires permission to reproduce?
- Does the manuscript length meet or exceed the estimated extent in your profit&loss?
- Is the manuscript balanced, i.e. are there any disproportionately long chapters?
The Editor should then make a reasonable judgement to confirm whether the production budget in the P&L (profit and loss) is sufficient for the amount of work required of the project.